From the manufacturer
3M Scuff-It Paint Prep Gel
3M Scuff-It Paint Prep Gel is a one-step scuffing agent that makes panel preparation faster, easier and more thorough. Used in conjunction with Scotch-Brite Hand Pads (sold separately), Scuff-It Gel produces a ‘key-cut’ scratch pattern on the surface that improves paint adhesion.
Turbo Charge your Scotch-Brite Pad for Scuff Sanding
A scuff pad or sandpaper alone cuts ‘valleys’ into the surface that can result in low paint adhesion. The 3M Scuff-It Paint Prep Gel works with your Scotch-Brite Pad to create a more jagged scratch that locks in the application of primer or paint.
The combination of pad and gel makes surface scuffing a quick, easy application requiring minimal elbow grease. Scuff-It Gel features a specifically formulated abrasive composition that provides a faster cut than other prep gels, and its unique formula clings to panels and other vertical surfaces, yet rinses off easily with water.
The Science of Better Auto Body Work from 3M
3M put decades of development into products for auto care and repair to help save you time and get the most enjoyment and value from the vehicles you own. The 3M Scuff-It Paint Prep Gel is another great example of how 3M applies science to life – and makes your life easier when it comes to making your vehicle look its best.
- Unique formula swiftly preps panels, jambs and bumpers
- Blends areas and feathers primer and paint
- Produces uniform scratch patterns to improve paint adhesion
- Rinses cleanly with water
- Convenient “wedge” tube fits into technician’s pocket for easy use
Ease of Use
Scotch-Brite pads rinse clean of the gel for repeat use and the gel extends the life of the pad even further for greater shop productivity and economy.
3M Scuff-It Paint Prep Gel is specially formulated for use with the following pads (pads sold separately):
- 3M Clear Blend Prep Scuff Pad—gold (07745)
- Scotch-Brite Light Duty Cleansing Pad—white (07445)
- Scotch-Brite Ultra Fine Pad—gray (07448)
- ScotchBrite Multi-Flex Abrasive Sheet Roll—ultra fine gray (07522)
- For prep work around tight-fitting trim and moldings, locks, and chrome, we recommend using a 3M Scuff-It Detail Brush (sold separately) with Scuff-It Gel to avoid leaving undesirable scuffs on these areas.