From the manufacturer
3M Single Step Primer is designed specifically to promote the adhesion of urethane adhesive/sealants to windshields and other automotive glass applications. This one-part primer is ideal for touching up minor pinchweld scratches and can be used to prime encapsulated glass. It is also suitable as a blackout primer to help protect against UV rays. Apply with 3M Urethane Primer Daubers PN 08688.
- Designed specifically to promote urethane adhesion, ideal for auto windshield replacement
- Can be used to inhibit corrosion on pinchwelds
- Easy to use; fast-drying and requires no activator
- Excellent UV resistance helps preserve urethanes for long-lasting windshield installations
- Suitable for a range of applications including encapsulated glass and PAAS
The Ideal Primer for Windshield Replacement
Specifically for use during windshield replacement jobs, 3M Single Step Primer is a one-part primer that promotes adhesion of urethane adhesives to glass. It is very versatile – you can use it for a range of windshield types including those with pre-applied adhesive (PAAS) systems or PVC/encapsulated glass. This fast-drying one-part primer requires no activator. It is excellent for corrosion protection when used for minor touch-ups on pinchweld scratches. It also features excellent UV resistance, making it ideal as a black-out primer for protecting urethanes and promoting long-lasting windshield installations.
3M Single Step Primer works well with all 3M Auto Glass Urethane Windshield Adhesives , and is best applied with a 3M Urethane Primer Dauber PN 08688.
Science and Experience from 3M
3M Single Step Primer is another great example of how 3M provides science combined with experience for the most specific jobs. From its easy-to-use one-part formula to its excellent UV resistance, it is designed for use with auto glass and urethane adhesives to help you replace windshields efficiently and effectively.
- Priming automotive glass prior to bonding with 3M Auto Glass Urethane Windshield Adhesive
- Coating minor, bare metal scratches on pinchwelds to prevent corrosion.
- Promoting urethane adhesion to PVC/encapsulated parts
- Primer for PAAS windshield systems