From the manufacturer
All in one kit for safely removing light scratches and scuffs
This inclusive kit supplies you with everything needed to quickly remove light paint defects with very little effort. You supply a standard household drill and then say goodbye to those annoying scuffs, scratches and paint transfer marks that have been preventing your car from looking its best.
Using the power of your drill, Meguiar’s proprietary 4” Scratch Eraser Pad maximizes Meguiar’s ScratchX 2.0 Fine Scratch and Blemish Remover to quickly erase scratches with minimum effort. This combination allows you to safely polish paint and remove defects and blemishes like light scratches, scuff marks, paint transfer, fingernail marks around door handles and more! ScratchX 2.0 contains microscopic abrasives to remove light defects while polishing to enhance depth of shine without harming your paint. After working the ScratchX 2.0 in, the included microfiber towel gently removes the remaining residue to reveal a brilliant shine.
Meguiar’s Quik Scratch Eraser Kit comes with:
- Meguiar’s 4” Scratch Eraser Drill Mounted Pad – Foam attachment that goes on a standard household drill. Pad creates enough friction to remove light scratches, blemishes and swirls in glossy paint finishes, but doesn’t create further swirls or cause harm.
- Meguiar’s 4 oz. ScratchX 2.0 – Meguiar’s paint cleaner that contains advanced microscopic abrasives that work to safely remove fine blemishes while restoring paint clarity and providing a brilliant high gloss. Permanently removes defect rather than simply hiding them.
- Meguiar’s 16” x 16” Premium Microfiber Towel – Thick, deep dual-sided microfiber pile that absorbs two times more than traditional terry towels. Easiest and fastest way to remove residue from ScratchX 2.0, and very gentle on painted surfaces to minimize the possibility of creating swirls.
Tips and suggestions for using Meguiar’s Quik Scratch Eraser Kit
- Shake all products well.
- Work on a clean, cool surface in the shade.
- It’s important to mount the Scratch Eraser Pad onto your drill following the manufacturer’s directions. Make sure that the pad is mounted securely.
- Always use both hands to hold and guide the drill, keeping the pad flat on the paint.
- Always keep the pad and drill moving. Allowing the pad to remain in one place can overheat the paint and cause damage.
- Apply a small amount of ScratchX 2.0 to the pad in an X pattern.
- Place the pad flat on the scratch. Use medium speed and make 4-6 overlapping passes. Repeat as needed until the defect is not noticeable.
- Remove excess ScratchX 2.0 from the pad by pressing the pad into a clean, damp towel several times. Then, polish the affected area with 4-6 overlapping passes.
- Remove remaining residue with the microfiber towel.
- Be sure to follow with a wax like Meguiar’s Ultimate Quik Wax or Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax to put protection back on the paint.
Meguiar’s is one of the worldwide leaders in car care. For more than 115 years, Meguiar’s has provided Car Crazy people with specialized, state-of-the-art formulations for making every car’s appearance show car perfect. Meguiar’s provides high performance car care products for every automotive surface, both on the interior and exterior of cars. The car care experts at Meguiar’s are dedicated to making sure customers get the premium results they are looking for. To learn more, visit our official website.
Meguiar’s has several lines of products designed for all aspects of at-home interior and exterior car care. With multiple product families, every customer is sure to find the right product for them, with options from the premium Ultimate line, Gold Class line, Classic Meguiar’s products, and more. From headlight care, to interior detailing, to all five steps of maintaining your paint (wash, clean, polish, protect, maintain), Meguiar’s has a premium product for every aspect of care.
Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze products are ideal for the true car care professional. With products ranging from aggressive Detailing Clay, to Swirl Remover, various Compounds, Sealants, and more, detailing enthusiasts, professional detailers, and body shops professionals can find exactly what they need to get that show car shine. When walking around at some of your favorite car shows, such as the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, you’ll find that many trust the Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze line to get their cars ready for the big day.
Meguiar’s Detailer products are the perfect solution for anyone running a garage, washing and detailing several cars a week, and commercial car washes. With quality concentrate product provided in large containers (1-gallon and 5-gallon for many products), customers won’t be running to the store every other day for more of their favorite cleaning and detailing products. Meguiar’s also offers labeled and color-coded spray bottles for users to dilute the Detailer product in and use with ease.
Marine / RV
Meguiar’s Marine & RV products are ideal for boat and RV owners of all kinds. All the basic care products, such as Gel Wash, Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner, and Quik Wax, are included in the Classic Marine and RV line. For the most extreme watercrafts, Meguiar’s formulated the Extreme Marine line, with Water Spot Detailer, Multi-Surface Cleaner, and Vinyl & Rubber Protectant, in a sleek, spherical bottle. For your premium vessel, you can also look to Meguiar’s Flagship line to beautify and protect your boat.