From the manufacturer
Meguiar’s auto compound for heavy defect removal
Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M04 Heavy Cut Cleaner is the perfect solution for removing heavy swirls, scratches, severe oxidation, alkaline and acid rain etchings, and more! This professional grade cleaner works with diminishing abrasive technology to cut quickly and then reduce to a polishing rouge to minimize swirling. Buffered abrasive action also lubricates the finish to further prevent scouring or scratching like a traditional compound. It’s ideal for older lacquer and enamel glossy paints and is formulated specifically to be used by rotary buffer. Meguiar’s Heavy Cut Cleaner is a body shop safe formula and is an excellent first step to remove heavy defects and then follow with a less aggressive product like Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M09 Swirl Remover 2.0 to further refine the paint. After removing all defects be sure to protect the paint with a good wax or sealant like Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax or Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0.
How to apply Meguiar’s Heavy Cut Cleaner
- Shake product well before use.
- Always work on a clean, cool surface and in the shade.
- Be sure you are familiar with proper use of a rotary buffer.
- Apply to one section at a time, using a Meguiar’s 8” Soft Buff Rotary Wool Cutting Pad – WRWC8 or Meguiar’s 7” Soft Buff Rotary Heavy Cutting Wool Pad – WRWHC7.
- Work product into a section with several overlapping passes until nearly dry.
- Wipe off excess before product fully dries with a premium microfiber towel like Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels – X2020.
- For more stubborn defects repeat until serious defects are removed.
- Follow with a less aggressive cleaner like Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M09 Swirl Remover 2.0 to remove the remaining light swirls and further refine the paint. Typically, you want to use a less aggressive pad like Meguiar’s 7” Soft Buff Rotary Foam Polishing Pad – WRFP7 to remove defects while running less of a risk of further inducing swirls.
- For darker colored cars follow with an optional Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M07 Show Car Glaze for more of that deep “wet look”.
- Finalize with a quality wax or sealant with something like Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax or Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 for tough, long-lasting protection.
- Keep off non-painted rubber and vinyl surfaces to avoid getting a residue that’s difficult to remove.
For more than 115 years, Meguiar’s has provided Car Crazy people with specialized, state-of-the-art formulations for making every car’s appearance show car perfect. Meguiar’s provides high performance car care products for every automotive surface, both on the interior and exterior of cars. The car care experts at Meguiar’s are dedicated to making sure customers get the premium results they are looking for.
Meguiar’s has several lines of products designed for all aspects of at-home interior and exterior car care. With multiple product families, every customer is sure to find the right product for them, with options from the premium Ultimate line, Gold Class line, Classic Meguiar’s products, and more. From headlight care, to interior detailing, to all five steps of maintaining your paint (wash, clean, polish, protect, maintain), Meguiar’s has a premium product for every aspect of care.
Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze products are ideal for the true car care professional. With products ranging from aggressive Detailing Clay, to Swirl Remover, various Compounds, Sealants, and more, detailing enthusiasts, professional detailers, and body shops professionals can find exactly what they need to get that show car shine. When walking around at some of your favorite car shows, such as the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, you’ll find that many trust the Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze line to get their cars ready for the big day.
Meguiar’s Detailer products are the perfect solution for anyone running a garage, washing and detailing several cars a week, and commercial car washes. With quality concentrate product provided in large containers (1-gallon and 5-gallon for many products), customers won’t be running to the store every other day for more of their favorite cleaning and detailing products. Meguiar’s also offers labeled and color-coded spray bottles for users to dilute the Detailer product in and use with ease.
Marine / RV
Meguiar’s Marine & RV products are ideal for boat and RV owners of all kinds. All the basic care products, such as Gel Wash, Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner, and Quik Wax, are included in the Classic Marine and RV line. For the most extreme watercrafts, Meguiar’s formulated the Extreme Marine line, with Water Spot Detailer, Multi-Surface Cleaner, and Vinyl & Rubber Protectant, in a sleek, spherical bottle. For your premium vessel, you can also look to Meguiar’s Flagship line to beautify and protect your boat.